Saturday, July 9, 2011

Getting Started Day One

Last night I made a preliminary calendar - 30 minutes to 1 hour a day studying French. I can handle that with my board studying right now. I figured out how to translate my Mac into French, how to change the keyboard to French, and I changed my Facebook account into française. GOOD GRIEF!!! It just took me an hour of calling Apple support, Apple Lenox Mall, countless internet searches, just to make the ç sign! Apparently, french keyboard doesn't always translate to Google blog. So, I went through all 4 lines of keyboard on my MacBook Air to try and determine what each key meant. Here are four 'paragraphs' of text consisting of 3 lines each. The first line is plain typing, the second line is Shift + that number/letter/character, the third line is option + letter/number/character.


< & é ” ’ ( § è ! ç à ) -

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 ° _

 ë “ ‘ { ¶ « ¡ Ç ø } —


a z e r t y u i o p ^ $ `

A Z E R T Y U I O P ¨ * £

æ Â ê ® † Ú º î œ π ô € @


q s d f g h j k l m ù

Q S D F G H J K L M %

‡ Ò ∂ ƒ fi Ì Ï È ¬ µ Ù


w x c v b n , ; : =

W X C V B N M < > ?

‹ ≈ ç √ ∫ ˜ µ ≤ ≥ ÷


I also found a place that sells Macbook Air keyboard covers in French. Left them a message about getting one, hope they get back to me. Logistics always impede my actual learning. Actually, studying the keyboard, it looks as though the only letters to have changed are q a z w m (5 letters). And M is actually found in two places (capitol at least). Q and A have switched, M and ; have switched, W and Z have switched. Not too hard to remember once I put it in perspective. The only other thing is that on blogger I have to press 9 to get ç, rather than option+c.

Ok, that's enough for now. I'll cover the characters later.


No comments:

Post a Comment